Oil-free formula enriched with mattifying agents, Papulex® Oil-free cream is ideal for helping reduce the appearance of blemishes in the face. It regulates the production of sebum, therefore reduces oily shine on face.
The functional substances contained in the Papulex range help to improve the condition of acne prone skin thanks to:
- Nicotinamide 4%: has been shown to reduce the appearance of redness
- Anti-Bacterial Adhesive substance (ABA): helps to reduce the proliferation of Propionibacterium acnes (P.acnes)
- Zinc PCA has a sebum regulating action (in Papulex oil-free cream)
Causes of Acnes
Acne is a common disease which mostly affects skin with the densest population of sebaceous follicles; these areas include the face, the upper part of the chest, and the back.
It is linked to hormonal imbalance within androgens effects and is caused by three successive factors:
- a production of excess sebum, which makes skin greasy
- in certain circumstances, this sebum blocks the openings of sebaceous glands and causes a build up of oil underneath
- this blocked sebum stimulates the bacteria P. acnes which causes surrounding tissue to become inflamed
- Acne occurs most commonly during adolescence or periods of hormonal change, and tends to disappear over time. However, adult acne breakouts are common.
Direction in Usage
Apply to the area to be treated after cleansing twice a day, morning and evening. Massage gently for the cream to be absorbed.
- Fragrance free
- Hydroxy acid free
- Non comedogenic
- Non photosensitive