Calf Reduction - Botulinum Toxin Treatments
Non-Surgical Treatment to Slim your Calves
What causes wide calves?
• Wide calves might be genetic, or due to:
• Water retention
• Muscular hypertrophy
• Fatty deposits
Treatment of the muscles of calves
Calf reduction offers a subtle form of calf reduction using Botulinum toxin injections. The injection acts by paralyzing the muscle and leading to reduction by muscular atrophy.
Botulinum toxin is injected at multiple places at the lower limb area which results in the inactivity of calf muscles that gradually shrinks in size, giving your calves smoother, slimmer and attractive contours.
The result is gradual, but is clearly visible 1 month after the injection, and lasts up to 6 months for the first injections, and 6 months thereafter.
Though very little discomfort is involved in the entire procedure but if the patients have some problem or issue with bearing with pain, numbing topical cream can be used during the treatment.
Brands of Botulinum Toxin Type A Injections
What to expect after treatment?
For 24 hours after Botox injection, DO NOT
- Undergo any IPL, laser treatment or treatment involving heat
- Rub the treated area vigorously
- Go for facial or spa treatment
- Go for sauna or steam baths
- Do strenuous exercises
Calf Reduction - Venus Legacy™
Body contouring and skin tightening is a treatment that reshapes your body from head to toe to create a more contoured and slimmer appearance.
Venus Legacy is currently the most advanced and revolutionary anti-aging equipment for non-invasive skin tightening, body contouring, cellulite, wrinkle reduction and circumferential reduction without the need for surgery or downtime. This medical-grade system is designed to be used on any parts of the face, neck and body, especially on areas with wrinkles, saggy skin, stubborn fats, stretch marks, visible cellulite and wide calf. This makes it a perfect option for men and woman with wider calf, or those who need a confidence boost.
This innovative technology combines the patented Multi-Polar Radio Frequency, VariPulse Technology™ and Pulsed Electro Magnetic Fields (MP) to produce a targeted thermal reaction that deeply penetrates the skin and body tissues to stimulate the body’s natural collagen process. The increased collagen production leads to a reduction of skin laxity, smoothening out of wrinkles, the breakdown of stubborn fat cells and an improvement in the dimpling caused by cellulite.
The treatment is pain-free, has no downtime, provides immediate and long-lasting results, and is FDA (US Food and Drug Administration) approved to improve the appearance of wrinkles and cellulite.
What are the areas suitable for Venus Legacy:
- Face (Tightens and lifts the skin, slims and contours for a V-shaped face)
- Eye area (Improvement of wrinkles and the look of dark-eye circles)
- Neck (Smoothening of neck lines, tightens the skin on the neck, double-chin reduction)
- Body (Spot reduction of stubborn areas of fat including the love handles, tummy, thighs, buttocks and arms, diminishes the appearance of cellulite)
- Calf Reduction (Circumferential reduction)
How many sessions are needed to see results?
How does the treatment feel like?
How will I feel after my treatment?
How long will the results last and are they permanent?
Is there really no downtime?
Absolutely no downtime. The treatment area may look a little flushed and warm to the touch, but this will go away within 1-2 hours. You can return to your daily schedule immediately after your treatment.
For safety reasons, you may not be able to receive this treatment if you have/are:
- Active inflammation and/or infection in the treatment area
- Current or history of cancer
- A degenerative neurologic disease or any other disease around the treatment area that’s stimulated by heat (e.g. herpes)
- An Internal defibrillator/pacemaker
- Metal implants (excluding dental) in the treatment area
- Uncontrolled thyroid gland disorder
- Varicose veins
- Pregnant or are undergoing an IVF procedure
- Skin-related autoimmune diseases
- Silicone implants and/or injections in the area