THE LIQUID FACELIFT THAT IS NATURAL LOOKING & LONG LASTING*
Facial volume can be traditionally replaced with fillers. The latest trend, however, is to achieve global facial volume replacement with Sculptra, through natural collagen stimulation with l-poly-lactic acid.
Sculptra, known as the ‘liquid facelift’, would substantially increase the collagen of your skin to correct the folds, wrinkles and skin laxity because of aging. The result looks and feels natural.
Sculptra is a safe, Federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved synthetic material that is injected below the surface of the skin directly into the areas of the face that appear sunken or hollow. Unlike many of the injectable facial fillers, the results achieved with Sculptra can potentially last up to 25 months because it causes the body to stimulate its own collagen. Of course, results may vary among individuals, depending upon the initial severity of the facial wrinkle and fold contour deficiency. *
WHY CHOOSE US
Rest assured that you are in good hands:
- Dr Dylan Chau is the trainer of Sculptra, both locally and overseas
- Dr Chau has over 10 years of hands-on experience in Sculptra, he is one of the pioneers in this procedure ever since its launch in Singapore.
- Dr Chau is also the Key Opinion Leader (KOL) for Sculptra.
HOW SCULPTRA WORKS?
As you aged, there is global volume loss of internal facial tissues. There is loss of bone density as your skull becomes smaller, loss of collagen and muscle tissues, as well as fat resorption.
As a result of the aging processes, your skin sags and becomes droopy. Folds at the cheeks, tear trough, laugh lines and corners of the mouth become more prominent. There is development and deepening of wrinkles. There is also development of pigmentation of the skin associated with aging.
Sculptra helps to replace and reinforce the skin’s collagen structure within the deep dermis. This reinforced collagen structure provides a foundation that gradually restores the fullness of your facial contour which in term smooths out shallow to deep facial wrinkles and folds that has been depleted over time. In addition, it also reduces wrinkles, fine lines, dark circles, eye bags and more as the collagen begins to take effect.
The result? A refined, more youthful looking appearance over time that are potentially long lasting.
WHERE SCULPTRA CAN BE USED?
Sculptra is used to correct shallow to deep facial wrinkles and folds which are treated with the appropriate injection technique.
Sculptra is suitable for:
- Sunken temples – adding volume to hollowing temples
- Sunken & droopy cheeks – lift, contour & define cheeks
- Smooth deep nasolabial folds (smile lines) and deep marionette lines (laughing lines)
- Fill sunken under eyes and improve eye bags & dark eye circles caused by sunken tear troughs
- Skin laxity – Define jawline and volumize pre jowl depression
- Smooth sampling & creases on the chin
- Acne Scar
- Buttocks Lift
Treatment takes about 30 mins. A topical numbing cream will be applied to minimize discomfort before the injection process begins.
Using a thin needle, Dr Chau will inject Sculptra into the targeted facial areas. A series of injections filled with Sculptra will be introduced to the lower layers of your skin, which triggers the skin to produce collagen and begins both the process of healing and filling or contouring. Areas in which the fatty tissue has been much reduced over the years will begin to fill out, giving your face a more natural shape.
Dr Chau will tailor the sessions to best suit your skin and your desired outcome. It is important to return for all treatment sessions as instructed in order to get the maximum effect from the gradual process of collagen replacement offered by Sculptra.
Immediately after each treatment session you may experience mild swelling, which can give you a preview of how you may look once your shallow to deep facial wrinkles and folds have been smoothed. The swelling on average subsides within a few days and the wrinkles will temporarily reappear as the gradual process of collagen replacement continues. You may begin to see progressive visible results within the first few weeks after each treatment session.
Prior to your Sculptra treatment please make sure you have not been taking aspirin, ibuprofen, or any other blood thinning medication or fish oil supplement for 5-7 days.
- A temporary amount of mild-moderate swelling and redness at the injection site can occur immediately after treatment. This is a normal occurrence and will reduce over the next few days. Cold compresses or ice packs on the treatment area can improve comfort.
- Bruising at the injection site is a common side effect. The extent and duration of bruising can decrease by applying cold compresses and using a topical arnica gel within the first 24 hours after treatment.
- It is normal to experience some tenderness at treatment site for a few days.
- Massage the treated areas with a firm circular motion 3 times daily, for 5 minutes and continue this for the next 5 days.
- Follow up injections should be within 6 – 8 weeks.
DARK EYE CIRCLE & SUNKEN TEAR TROUGH
Dark circles under eyes usually aren’t a sign of exhaustion or serious illness, though they can make you feel old, unhealthy and tired.
If you get plenty of sleep and still have dark circles under your eyes, that’s not unusual. Fatigue isn’t the only reason for under-eye circles. What appear to be under-eye circles are sometimes just shadows cast by puffy eyelids or hollows under your eyes that develop as a normal part of aging.
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema)
- Heredity — dark under-eye circles can run in families
- Lifestyle factors, such as physical or emotional stress, smoking, or chronic alcohol use can take a toll on your appearance
- Nasal congestion (which can dilate and darken the veins that drain from your eyes to your nose)
- Pigmentation irregularities — these are a concern for people of colour, especially blacks and Asians
- Rubbing or scratching your eyes
- Sun exposure, which prompts your body to produce more melanin, the pigment that gives skin its colour
- Thinning skin and loss of fat and collagen — common as you age — can make the reddish-blue blood vessels under your eyes more obvious
Many people used fillers to fill in those sunken area under the eye, we called it tear tough. When you need a lot of volume or want something that is longer lasting, Sculptra may be the answer. Sculptra is approved by FDA for restoration and/or correction of the signs of facial fat loss. In a clinical study, the effects lasted for more than 2 years after the sessions been recommended is complete. It is a natural and gradual change.
The results from Sculptra are not immediate, Sculptra provides a gradual increase in skin thickness. It is like a lawn, and the grass will then grow in gradually. It stimulates your body to produce its own collagen. Subtleness is the beauty of Sculptra. Even though it works gradually, the results are noticeable.
SCULPTRA BUTT LIFT
Sculptra Buttocks Lift produces a subtle and natural-looking firmness, roundness and contour to the buttocks area while being completely non-surgical.
Sculptra is a Dermal Collagen Stimulator that has traditionally been used for facial rejuvenation; however, the use of Sculptra in other areas (such as buttocks) has become increasingly popular since its FDA approval in North America and has a long history of being used worldwide since 1999.
The main ingredient in it encourages the production of collagen, which helps to restore lost volume.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING SCULPTRA BUTT LIFT?
During a Sculptra Butt Lift procedure, Dr Chau will mark your buttock while you are standing. You will then lie flat on your stomach. He will then begin using the Sculptra to treat the identified, targeted areas. It takes multiple injections to get the Sculptra stimulator adequately distributed into the buttock’s treatment area, and the procedure will usually take about 60-minutes.
The number of vials of Sculptra used for a buttock depends on the roundness of their buttocks to start with and how dramatic they want their results to be. Some people need just a handful of vials, others might need up to 20.
IS THERE A DOWNTIME WITH A SCULPTRA BUTT LIFT?
You are welcome to go back to your everyday activities following treatment. Although the treatment area may feel sore and there may be some bruising, there is no “recovery time” needed following the Sculptra Butt Lift procedure. (Any bruising that occurs should dissipate within two to three weeks.)
In order to help ensure the best results, you should massage the treatment area for 5x a day, for 5-minutes at a time, for the first 5x days following treatment.
Results last from two to three years without a lengthy recovery period! For the greatest results, the average patient is recommended 2-3 treatments over a few months’ time. Patients for Sculptra buttocks lift must understand that the process can take several months as the collagen is restored and gradually fills the buttocks. Results are shown in a gradual time period.